At times, providers may undergo system-wide migrations of their underlying data, like changing account number formats. This page details how we are accommodating each event in our data representation.
- ConEd is replacing all of their 15-digit customer account numbers with an 11-digit number. Their IT systems will be unavailable from October 6-9, 2023 while this migration is occurring.
- We don’t anticipate you needing to change to your API integration in order to accommodate the account number change but please note that the new account numbers will be treated as new Accounts in the API.
- No new ConEd customers can be enrolled through Connect or via the API and no new statement data will be fetched for enrolled customers for up to one week after the planned ConEd downtime while Arcadia manually updates account numbers and accommodates new billing formats.
- Connect will be disabled for ConEd for up to one week starting at 5 PM EST on October 5, 2023 and re-enabled by 5 PM EST on October 12, 2023. The Connect UI will report that ConEd is temporarily not available and it will not allow accounts numbers to be submitted.
- Once Connect is re-enabled, Connect will accept both legacy 15-digit account numbers and the upcoming 11-digit account numbers so new users enrolling through Connect should have no problems authenticating with Utility Cloud or having their data retrieved after the ConEd system comes back online. At least 90 days after the migration, Arcadia will remove the ability to submit legacy 15-digit account numbers.
- Arcadia will be manually submitting the new utility account numbers after ConEd completes their downtime on October 10, 2023 through October 12, 2023 at 5pm EST.
- The new account numbers will be treated like new utility accounts within Utility Cloud. Existing statements will be associated with the old utility account while new statements will be associated with the new utility account.
- Unlike when accounts were originally enrolled, we do not expect ConEd to send out automated authorization emails for the new utility account numbers that were migrated from a legacy account number based on the information ConEd has provided us about the change. We expect to be able to maintain access to the data without any action taken by you.
- Utility Cloud will emit a webhook event with an
NEW_ACCOUNTfor each migrated account.
- Once we’ve finished creating new accounts for all affected accounts, we will re-enable the ConEd selection within Connect.
Updated about 2 months ago