Correlation IDs are used to identify your customers within Arcadia's system.
When your users connect their utility account, their request can be viewed alongside all other requests in Arcadia's system. Without a Correlation ID, there is no identifier that ties each request back to the customer in your system.
A Correlation ID is an optional parameter that can be appended to your Connect URL.
To add a correlation Id, follow these 4 steps:
- Copy your Connect URL from Console > Settings
- Paste into the address bar and add the correlation Id (.....?correlationId=)
- Submit a request via Connect
- View the results in the Correlation Id column of the Console > Data Requests page
The correlation Id can be a variable sourced directly from your system. The best way to source a correlation Id value depends on how your customers will access Connect.
The example below describes the steps to add a correlation Id to an email. Similar steps are followed to add a Correlation Id within a webpage.
- Open the button where the Connect URL will be added.
- Add a dynamic variable to the end of the URL. For example: https://connect.urjanet.com/organizationId?correlationId=user123
Updated about 2 months ago