Bundle is a set of API endpoints and webhook events that allows you to deliver a single branded billing experience to your users. Bundle empowers you to replace your user’s monthly utility statement with a custom-branded bill. You will create your branded bill using custom debit and credit Line Items. Arc receives your user’s utility statement directly and remits payment to the utility on their behalf.
The Bundle product line consists of two different products: Utility Remittance and Hosted Payments. The following Bundle endpoints and webhook events are accessible using your Arc API keys. For an in-depth walkthrough of what Bundle is and how it works, please reference the Bundle guide.
The endpoints and webhook events in this section are in
Beta. Click here for a description of Arc's release phases. We're actively building new Bundle features and invite you to reach out to our team so we can learn about your use cases and feature needs.
Utility Remittance leverages Arc's connections to 95% of US-based utility providers by allowing you to pay for your end user's monthly utility statements. Payments and invoicing are handled by you outside of Arc.
The following endpoints and webhook events apply to Utility Remittance:
- Bundle Enrollment: The process of signing up users for Utility Remittance.
- Utility Remittance Items: Data made available via the Plug API is used to pay the balance due for your users' monthly Utility Statements.
- Bundle Removal: The process of removing users from Utility Remittance manually or automatically based on certain criteria.
With Hosted Payments, Arc collects your users' Payment Method using Stripe Checkout. You will use Arc to create branded Invoices for your users combining your custom credit and debit line items and Utility Statement data. You will design your own Invoices and manage communication with your users.
The following endpoints and webhook events apply to Hosted Payments:
- Bundle Enrollment: The process of signing up users for Hosted Payments.
- Payment Methods: Used to process user payment for Invoices.
- Stripe Checkout Session: Represents your user's session as they pay through Stripe Checkout.
- Invoices: Monthly bills sent to your end user that can contain custom credit, debit, and Utility Remittance Line Items.
- Bundle Removal: The process of removing users from Hosted Payments manually or automatically based on certain criteria.